Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Part 6 - ???

I smiled. The photograph was lovely. I stuffed it into the front of my shirt pocket. Maybe I'll find out what beach that was and have a vacation there one day. But for now, I had to find a way out of this room.


The door. I made for it and turned the knob once more. *click* It was still locked. Obviously Mr Vader wanted to keep me in. In frustration, I kicked the old wooden drawer that stood next to the bed. It rattled. I opened the first drawer and looked inside.


A smelly roach crawled out and made its way to the lifeless body. Inside, a pen knife lay, its black steel handle glinting in what little light was in the room. A weapon? Mr Vader isn't a very careful kidnapper then, is he? I took the black object out, feeling its coldness in my hand and whipped the blade out. I examined it. On one side of the blade was carved the word 'Trinity'. I kept the blade in my pocket and opened the second drawer.


A jingle. Fifty cent coins lay scattered in disarray inside the second drawer. An inexplainable dash of hope rose in me. I laid my stubby fingers upon the treasure. I picked four coins up. It was strange. Those four coins felt so familiar in the warmth of my own hand. I jingled them. The sound was music to my ears. Had four fifty cent coins played a significant role in my life before I lost my memory?


A rustling of curtains. A stumble. I turned around only to see a figure in a grey Taylor's College tshirt pulling herself up from the floor beneath the open window. She stood up. It was...


Vanessa!!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.